Saturday, April 16, 2011

So Take That

"I'm Mad As @#$% And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!!!"

You might be asking yourself what is this all about? Well...let me tell you. Two years ago when gas prices went up I remember saying to myself "If it hits $4.00 a gallon I'm going to start riding my bike to work!" So this week I got my bike out tuned it up and rode to work everyday. Not as easy as I thought. A lot of prep the night before. I had to map out my route, bring clothes to change into, fix my hair when I got there. EECK! Lunch needed to be packed and everything organized. Plus...I still have a 10 year old to get off to school. So, she's on her bike too. We take a nice easy ride to her school and then I take off and ride as hard as I can the 3 miles to work. It takes me about 20 minutes with all the lights. Not too bad.

In addition to my riding to work one day I decided to stop at the bank and Target on my way home. It was awesome! What a great feeling it is to ride my bike and not be driving my car. So...ARCO TAKE THAT!!!

6 comments:

  1. You're going to be so in shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet! I didn't know you had a blog! How exciting! What is your email address i'll add you to our blog readers list

    Mandy Coffey
    mandybabe6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kick in the butt I need to get out there and ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my email address is jansgarden1@yahoo.com I'm still learning how to add people to my blog. So, I'm going to try and add you. I would love to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete