Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's so windy out there!

When I got home from work on Monday I realized I
needed to mail a Mother's Day gift to my mom. I also needed
to get a gift off to Wayne's mom. I looked outside and
thought...oh do I really want to get back on my
bike and ride in the wind? UGH! There is a small post office
just a mile from my house. So I loaded up my bike and I was on my
way. While in line a nice lady asked me if I was riding my bike. I told her
my story and she said "Here you deserve some choc. raspberry bunnies! They
are on sale. 75% off!" I couldn't resist and boy were they good. I then decided to
head over to Von's and pick up some things for dinner. Turkey
sandwiches sure sounded good. Corn was on sale and so were avocados.
But the lettuce was $2.50 a head! I don't think so. I then headed to
Smart and Final. Another mile away.

On my way I stopped at my a Deli and
picked up Salami! Yum! I never stop there and yet it's
in the same parking lot as Smart and Final. Heaven
forbid I should walk all the way over there! It's an easy
stop on my bike! The young man helping at the counter said
"Are you riding your bike?" I told him yes and he said "I ride
my bike to work everyday!" He's had it with gas prices too!
Love It!!!

Lettuce was $1.39 a head and tomatoes were $1.39lb.
Saved a couple of bucks there! Totally worth it!

2 heads of lettuce, 3 tomatoes, 1 lb. salami, 4 ears of corn
1 1b. turkey, 1/4lb. provolone, string cheese, 3 lb tri tip,
2 avocados, choc. bunnies and orange slices.
I got all this in my basket and in my backpack!


I love orange slices but the bunnies were
The Best!
So take that Wind!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! And I am a little envious of all the yummy food you brought home with you. :)

    ReplyDelete